Auto sheet metal fabrication includes all traditional methods such as cutting, punching, bending and forming, as well as stamping technology and mould-making. Automotive components and outside shells can be manufactured through these processes.
1. Requirements for precision in automotive sheet metal working
The quality of auto sheet metal fabrications is not only related to the equipment but also with the experience of the operators and the process sequence. There is a big difference between the concept of sheet metal fabrication and machining; the latter mainly refers to "drilling, milling, planing, grinding and boring". Generally speaking, the precision of machining is much higher than that of sheet metal fabrication, so you can't use the standard of machining to demand the same thing from sheet metal fabrication. At present, there are some unique ways to machining for the industry to rule out the standard for sheet metal fabrications, such as mould-making.
Sheet metal fabrication accuracy is closely related to our design; if the plan does not take into account the problem of processing accuracy, the product will inevitably have the issues of dryness, challenging to assemble and other defects after completion.
2. How to ensure the accuracy of sheet metal fabrication?
The custom automotive sheet metal fabrication industry generally has the characteristics of small batches and many varieties, and each customer has different requirements for accuracy, in order to control the accuracy of sheet metal processing products, the following must be paid attention to.
1. Understand the customer's needs. When contacting new products or new orders, we need to know more about the customer's products, their appearance, size requirements and the purpose of the products.
2. To understand the requirements of the customer's products, to choose a different process according to the customer's products, at the same time, note in art work sheet: such as the surface can not be scratched and so on.
3. The engineering department gets the drawings and makes the flow chart, and the drawings drawn by the technologist should be checked by another technologist and sent to the workshop after signing for confirmation after the inspection.
4.CNC blanking must first go through a full inspection (CNC punching, laser cutting machine, etc.), and the blanked workpieces are inspected, including size, unfolding. In mass production, all the first parts must be inspected before mass production.
5. Bending direction and bending size should be turned for the first piece of confirmation, after the confirmation of the start of mass production, auto stamping parts replacement of operators or replacement of mould re-inspection.
6. Sampling and inspection of the welded or bent finished products according to the drawing requirements should be carried out to confirm each size, and at the same time, the examination should include the outside appearance, the unqualified should be adjusted in time, re-inspected, and fill in the inspection report.