Sheet metal fabrication is a comprehensive cold processing process for metal sheets (usually below 6mm), including shearing, punching, bending, welding, riveting, mold forming and surface treatment.
Sheet metal fabrication has the characteristics of light weight, high strength, electrical conductivity (can be used for electromagnetic shielding), low cost, and good mass production performance. It has been widely used in electronic appliances, communications, automotive industry, medical equipment and other fields, such as in computer cases, cell phones, and MP3. Thus, sheet metal fabrication is an indispensable part.
Nowadays, with the popularity of the electronics industry, the case of many electronic products are made of metal with high hardness and long life. Sheet metal cases are widely used in our life and work, and computer cases (such as Apple computers) are more common.
The sheet metal case has a variety of materials, the main materials are: galvanized sheet, stainless steel, aluminum alloy.
1. Galvanized sheet metal case
Galvanized sheet refers to a steel sheet coated with a layer of zinc on the surface. Galvanizing is an economical and effective anti-rust method that is often used. About half of the world's zinc production is used in this process.
Advantages: Compared with other materials, the cost of galvanized sheet is relatively low, it has the characteristics of fingerprint resistance, excellent corrosion resistance, good formability, and better welding, so it is widely used in general sheet metal cabinets.
2. Stainless steel sheet metal case
As a healthy material, stainless steel has been widely used, covering almost all areas of human health. The stainless steel water pipe can be fully recycled, save water resources, reduce transportation costs, and reduce heat loss.
Advantages: high temperature resistance, low temperature resistance, acid and alkali resistance, good uniformity, as well as good hot workability for stamping and bending, no heat treatment hardening, suitable for sheet metal case in medical, military, transportation and other industries.
3. Aluminum alloy sheet metal case
Aluminum alloy is the most widely used non-ferrous metal structural material in industry, and it has been widely used in aviation, aerospace, automobile, machinery manufacturing, shipbuilding and chemical industries.
Advantages: light weight, good pressure-bearing conditions of the template, good processing performance of cast aluminum alloy, die, hard die, green sand and dry sand mold, investment plaster casting mold for casting production. In addition, vacuum casting, low-pressure and high-pressure casting, squeeze casting, semi-solid casting, centrifugal casting and other methods are used to produce various castings with different uses, specifications, and properties.
1. The expansion method should be combined, and it is convenient to save materials and processability.
2. Reasonably choose the gap and edge wrapping method, t=0.2 below 2.0, t=0.5 below 2-3, long side wrapping short side (door panel type).
3. Reasonable consideration of tolerance dimensions: negative difference to the end, positive difference to the end, hole shape size: positive difference to the end, negative difference to half.
4. Burr direction.
5. Draw a section view in the direction of tooth extraction, riveting, tearing, punching and bump (bag) direction.
6. Check materials, board thickness and board thickness tolerances.
7. Pay attention to the special angle of the computer case during sheet metal fabrication service.
8. It should emphasize the error-prone areas (similar asymmetry).
9. Add enlarged pictures where there are more sizes
10. The spraying place must be indicated.
11. When the computer case is in sheet metal processing, the coating must be even, and there must be no hanging or exposed bottom.
12. The logo should be complete, clear, durable and reliable, and the serial number of the logo should not be lost.
13. The panels of the computer case should be flat, without deformation or distortion, and the openings of the cabinet doors should be uniform and neat.
14. The size should meet the requirements, and the error should not be too large.